A spiral mixing blade inside the vertical dryer initiates a three-dimensional flow of the mixing goods; conical designed mixing vessel enables powders to be discharged up to 100%. The conical vertical dryer is vacuum and pressure tight and heatable by steam, thermal oil or water. Fully temperature controlled: the mixing vessel, the mixing arms, the spiral blade.
The conical mixer dryer can be designed for compliance with FDA and 3-A Sanitary Standards to be used as a sterile mixer and reactor. It also meets EHEDG requirements.
Further characteristics of the conical vertical dryer and powder dryer
- This jacketed and vacuum rated version is an ideal conical mixer, vertical dryer, and reactor.
- Spiral tools, arms and shaft are jacketed and heated.
- This vertical dryer guarantees quick and gentle drying results.
- It can be used for moist powder, wet suspensions as well as liquids, paste and dough.
- If the drying process requires deagglomeration, high speed cutting rotors may be installed.
- The mixing device is driven from the top, using only a single top bearing.
- The single-shaft mixer-dryer meets all industry standards for surface finish, including sanitary and pharmaceutical requirements, and requires a very small space.
✓ Particularly fast and gentle drying at low temperatures and low rotational frequencies if, for example, fungal spores, bacterial cultures or effect pigments should be dried.
✓ It is also possible to mix intensively deagglomerating in the same apparatus, at higher peripheral speeds and with several HighShearBlades.
✓ The mixer is optionally accessible from the side or from above, it can be cleaned fast, safely and convenient; manually or automatically. On request, it can also be sterilized with steam.
✓ The mixing tool is fully heated. It is mounted and driven only from above.
✓ The apparatus is highly gastight. A vacuum of 1 mbar abs. is possible.
✓ Particularly large heat exchange surfaces advantage extremely short drying times.
amixon® places special importance on the pilot phase in the test centre. Your mixing processes are simulated here. This way, we support you in your product development phase. amixon® has a main test center in Paderborn (Germany). Further test centers are situated in Japan, Thailand, India and the USA.
• Bigger machines up to 50 m³ are available on demand! If desired, amixon® can modify the proportions: “low profile” if the height is limited or “slim profile” if the available ground area is limited! On demand the machine is manufactured according to the European pressure rule or the American ASME-rule. On demand amixon® can also manufacture the vapour filter (vacuum pumps and condensers can be purchased by the customer, as they are not part of amixon®‘s range of manufacturing).
• As a welding specialist, amixon® is qualified by European, Japanese and American authorities with regard to different materials. The materials in contact with the mixing goods are either mild steel S355J2Ge, Hardox, austenitic stainless steels 1.4301, 1.4541, 1.4571, 1.4404, 1.4539, 1.4529, Duplex stainless steels 1.4462, 1.4162, 1.4363 and Alloy 59-2.4605, Hastelloy C22 and nickel.
• The mixers meet the highest hygienic requirements and comply with the EHEDG guidelines for dry and wet cleaning. They also meet the FDA hygiene guidelines and the design requirements of 3-A Sanitary Standards.
- Made from: Stainless steel