The production of beer in modern breweries use fermentation in cylindrical-conical tanks (CCT). They are cylindrical vessels with a conical bottom which are dedicated of the primary fermentation or the entire fermentation process, including maturation. The CCTs are the most commonly used types of tanks for beer production.
Usually, these tanks are working under pressure. Biomashin possess the relative experience and knowledge, as well as the obligatory certification for their design and production.
It is mandatory when it comes to CCTs to have a cooling/heating device in order to maintain the temperature regime during fermentation, pasteurisation or inoculation.
FERMENTERS/CYLINDRICAL-CONICAL TANKS, BASIC DESIGN:
- Cylindrical tank with conical bottom
- Object of certification in accordance with PED 2014/68/EU
- Material: Stainless-Steel AISI 304L or AISI 316L
- Surfaces in contact with the product – Ra ≤ 0,8 µm
- Cooling system – pillow plate or serpentine
- Proper insulation and stainless steel cladding
- Auxiliary equipment
Process tanks are widely spread and have many areas of application in various industries:
The processes that run in them are for treatment, maturation, homogenization and fermentation of yoghurt and other dairy products.
Beer production involves the use of four natural resources – water, malt, hop, and yeast. The perfect solution for their processing - temperature treatment, maturation, incubation, fermentation etc., could be found in our portfolio.
Modern methods for processing of juices, nectars, and non-fizzy drinks include pasteurization, cooling, heating and mixing. The main factors that have to be controlled in order to secure the utmost quality are change of the temperature, access of oxygen and light.
Mixing tanks for viscous products find their application in the production of food that requires specific working conditions and mixing of components.
The process tanks that we offer guarantee optimal control of stirring as well as precise control of thermal processes in time. Depending on the technology and the product, these tanks work either under pressure or at atmospheric conditions. They could be installed outside or inside as by the use of different heat-exchanging devices, insulation and control devices, constant temperature of the product is guaranteed. We focus on the potential for easy and reliable cleaning of the tanks so that contamination of the food is prevented.
PROCESS TANK, BASIC DESIGN:
- Volume: from 160 l to 50 m3 produced in the company
- Made of stainless-steel AISI 304L and/or AISI 316L
- Surfaces in contact with the product 2В or Ra ≤ 0.8 µm, welding seams grinded to Ra≤ 0.8 µm
- Insulation made of mineral wool on shell and bottom. Welded insulation cladding.
- Cleaning system with specially selected elements and calculated parameters ensuring impeccable cleaning
- Agitator with construction fully oriented towards the requirements of process and product
- Heating/Cooling system on shell and bottom of the tank with maximum allowable working pressure of 3bar for optimal cooling/heating